Saturday, January 10, 2015

Space Marines

So, after watching a host of Sci-Fi movies, I decided it was way past time to create my very own space marine.  So!  Seven hours and 2 million polys later, I pulled off my favorite render so far.  Unfortunately, I can't give you a picture, as blender estimates it will take a day or two to fully render out at the ridiculous resolution I'm doing for the first time:  2p.  No, not 4p, 2p.
Ahem.

So!  I took a couple screenshots, which take about 0 time to do, and can show you how the modeling turned out! (the way I got the snazzy green and brown look and the blue gloss look are due to something neat called MatCap which are basically realtime materials.)  Enjoy.




1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are really getting into both the technique and design. Good work.

    ReplyDelete