Wednesday, January 21, 2015

T-Shirts and Other Programs

 Today, I created a design for a T-Shirt.  Inspired by shirts I just happened to see people wearing around, I decided to create my own! So, using three programs, Blender, Gimp, and Krita, I set out to create this monster.

I started with a bullet physics simulation, and did a smoke simulation to trail the bullet.


After that, I created a simple background using procedural textures and UV information.  No image texture, no nothing, and yet this picture is one of my favorite wallpapers ever.  Inspiration was pulled from a Muse album cover.

I then mixed the two together in Gimp, fixed the smoke, and added the Blenderfire logo.

After that, I moved to Krita, and painted all the advanced painting and fades and splatters you see.  The final image?


Sorry, but to give the picture credit I left it at full resolution.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment